Success story: A new process for buying parts
- Spanish company whose main business is the comprehensive maintenance of trains.
- The company employs approximately 400 people in 7 different workplaces.
- The project aimed to improve the supply chain and purchasing. To do so it was necessary to create and optimal process for the procurement and purchase of spare parts.
- We updated the processes with emphasis on the implementation of repair and order tracking processes.
- We developed an organizational and skills analysis for the Purchasing, Logistics and Engineering areas and created new scorecards for the Purchasing and Logistics areas.
- We saved 13.5% in the management of the purchase of materials from suppliers. We increased the annual turnover of warehouse stock by 20% and confirmed orders rose by 40%.