Success story: Design of a new maintenance model
Spanish international company, leader in the design, manufacture, maintenance and supply of equipment and components for railway systems. World’s fifth largest manufacturer of railway equipment.
- The company did not have a homogeneous model for over 50 maintenance workshops operating in many different countries.
- This situation resulted in significant opportunity costs to the company due to non-use of best practices and the lack of standardized management process and systems.
- It was essential to improve the active supervision of the work, implement new roles and responsibilities and give greater focus on the achievement of objectives.
- It was also necessary to improve the management of the logistics and supply of spare parts for maintenance implement a dynamics of continuous improvement.
- We defined the single maintenance model and at the same time implemented the new solutions in pilot workshops. We achieved a positive trend in productivity, which increased by over 40%.
- We defined the multiplier model, which consisted of planning and preparing the extension of the maintenance model to all workshops, and adapted spare parts stock levels to improve their availability.
- We trained a team of internal implementers and provided support in the implementation of the new model in the main workshops of the company.