Success story: Improved production capacity
Business group engaged in the manufacture of cables.
- It was necessary to improve the production of wire rod obtained by the NEC casting and rolling line, and standardize production methods, preparations and maintenance.
- It was also necessary to introduce a Management Operating System to allow not only the proper monitoring of results but also the implementation of corrective actions.
- We standardized all methods of work for both smelter operators and maintenance workers.
- We introduced a management operating system to monitor, analyse and make decisions in all areas affecting the results by monitoring the output of the maintenance department and the variables that ensured the stability of the process.
- We achieved a 21% increase in the uptime-downtime percentage and compliance with preventive maintenance increased from 48% to 85%. There was also a 14% increase in average daily production.