Success story: Produce more, stop better
World leader in the polyurethane industry, manufacturer of high-performance materials and innovative systems for the automotive, construction and electrical industries.
- To meet the increased demand, it was necessary to optimize the activities of the packaging area.
- They needed to improve production planning (reducing downtime due to lack of materials), increase the reliability of the packaging facilities and improve coordination between the Supply-Chain, Maintenance and Production areas.
- We increased packaging capacity by 12% and reduced downtime due to lack of materials by 50%.
- We established a production planning system to minimize reference changes and determined the resources required to avoid stoppages. How? By programming shifts detailing uptime, time spent on maintenance and expected downtime.
- We reduced downtime in reference changes, establishing a protocol to follow.
- We also managed to improve the reliability of packaging, establishing the O.E.E. indicator and analysing its progress in order to implement specific plans.