Motivating your team can allow your organization to perform better and lead to increased productivity.
These are the key factors to consider :
- Agree on the main objectives and responsibilities with all members of the team, to track improvements together.
- Recognize the contributions of each member, their achievements and successes.
- React to mistakes with constructive criticism, to prevent recurrence.
- Openly show confidence in people.
- Delegate as many tasks and functions as posible.
- Provide ongoing training for each member of your team.
- Encourage everybody to develop their individual abilities.
- Give feedback to every person about their performance, hold regular meetings to evaluate them.
- Take time to talk and listen to understand the needs of each person.
- Develop an individual career plan for everyone in the organization.
Motivation is a continuous process. Developing talent within your company is one of the best ways to be prepared for the future.